Skip to main content

"GROW YOUR BLOG 2014".

Who I Am....

Hi everyone,
and welcome to any newcomers to my blog.
I am especially pleased to meet you through 
Grow my Blog 2014

I'm Wren and I'm a blog addict!
There it's out, and as many suspected...

Here I am, 
doing my Princess Diana impersonation, as in all alone.
No silly, of course it's not at the Taj Mahal, 
although thinking about it, I do have that photo!
I'm at Liverpool Football Club. 
Where the Club motto is
 'You'll never walk alone'... 
trust me to manage it!

Wren at Liverpool FC Jan 2013
I am a travel blog gone awry,
I wear many hats, 
but don't often carry my suitcase these days! 
Instead I like to bring you my everyday Aussie life.
Sometimes I'm Crazy Soccer Mum 
most recently I've been Crazy Tennis Mum
My aim in life is to be 
Zen Yoga Wren!

The following photos give an idea of some of my recent posts.
My all time most popular post is: 

I started blogging because:

1. In September 2012 I set off alone to visit family and friends in India and Europe. I wanted a way to record my 100 day adventure and share my trip, and blogging seemed the perfect forum.  

Wren's 100 day Wanderings Sept 2013 - January 2013
2. I wanted to learn something new, how to blog and how to write...
This is still very much a work in progress... 
attend a weekly Writing Group as I strive to write my memoirs.
However I have to confess 
I get such a kick from posting something on line 
and seeing where in the world it is being read (this used to terrify me!) 
and even more so, seeing and responding to any comments made,
that my creative writing often takes a back seat.

Go on admit it...
Who doesn't like turning on the computer early in the morning,
 and seeing the lovely comments from all around the world?

3. And finally, and perhaps most importantly, the reason I started and continue blogging is Neesie Natters. Nessie lived down the road at the time, and encouraged me to start Little Wandering Wren

Everyone needs a Blog Tutor or Mentor
 and I was lucky enough to have Neesie.
She helped me set up my blog, 
made my header 
and is still my go-to person when I cry 'help' 
even though we now live on opposite sides of the world! 
Thank you Neesie, 
I would not be here without you!

Little Wandering Wren in Australia
I live in Melbourne, Australia
we have now lived here in total for ten years. 
Originally from England
we have now lived 'abroad' for twenty years. 
My husband's work for a US multinational 
gave us an ever-moving expatriate life in 
Belgium (twice), Hong Kong and Australia. 
We are now dual British and Australian citizens


Little Wandering Wren in Great Britain 2012/2013
Our three kids (age 21, 20 and 17 yrs) 
have attended schools/universities on five continents 
and have clearly picked up our love of travel. 
We have just waved one daughter off to New York 
with a coat, hat and gloves, 
and another daughter will soon leave for Africa.
If fact, it is often observed that we are now living 
vicariously through our kids!


The gang admiring the view Petronas Towers Kuala Lumpur April 2013
 We hardly ever have everyone at home at the same time
 and my blog is also now one way that whoever is away, 
can see what we're up to! 

It is where I share our daily family life
and so when the Little Wandering Wren stopped flying overseas as regularly, my blog focus shifted to suburban life in Melbourne, and beach life on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia, Aussie Travels, gardening, kids, pets (the crazy poodle features quite prominently) and there is a horse that sometimes makes an appearance!


Here is Mutt, the Crazy Poodle is the only family member who likes to be photographed!
...and being the sports capital of the world, 
whatever we are watching or very occasionally playing; 
cricket, tennis, soccer, rugby, horse racing etc

Why I love to blog...
So I was originally a travel blog visiting family and friends in India, UK, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Spain. 
On my return to Melbourne 
I continued posting our daily life 
and by mid 2013 I started to build a few followers.

I bought myself an Apple Mac Computer 
and set myself a target of 10,000 hits on my blog 
and 100 followers on Twitter by the end of 2013. 
With the help of some new online friends I reached these targets.
Thank you!

My blogging breakthroughs came when I started to join a few memes 
in particular the Blue Monday, Our World Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday memes were good for me.
They welcomed me 
and I enjoyed finding and following other blogs of interest.
The Blogging Community is so positive, 
that I have yet to have a bad experience.


I hope that you will join me, 

and I look forward to following you. 
Hang on tight world, 
it looks like 2014 
could be one hell of a ride!

Contacting me...
There are two ways to contact me either by: 
leaving a comment through Google+ 
or to e-mail me directly from my side bar at 
wrensrambles@gmail.com

A huge thanks to Vicki from 2 Bags Full 
for hosting this Grow you Blog event

and lastly thank you for your visit, 
I look forward to reciprocating by return.
Have a lovely weekend!


PS I love Blogging and I really adore Twitter:


My user name is LWWren
I am a Twitter flousy, 
I always (well nearly always) follow back. 
There was a lady in her undies the other day that I didn't follow back...So put some clothes on, and  make some nice, normal comments and I will join you on Twitter!)
Isn't there is something refreshing about having a limit of 140 characters?
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat