Skip to main content

Gippsland Roadtrip - Part two!



We're all going on a Summer holiday!
No more working for a week or two...

The Australian summer school holiday period stretches 
from late December until the end of January. 
With endless days to fill, many families head off to the water. 

I have previously posted about our Gippsland roadtrip 

Here are some of my remaining and favourite blue photo's from our recent trip!

Blue shell and coral at Woodside Beach, Gippsland
Lakes Entrance is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the region offering the choice of the calm waters of the Gippsland Lakes, or the thrill of the surf, being on the edge of Ninety Mile Beach on the Southern Ocean...

The building below is the surf life saving Club at Lakes Entrance with it's tempting blue ice-cream flags outside and inviting bright blue benches.

Surf board seat outside Lakes Entrance Surf Lifesaving Club.
There are plenty of opportunities to go boating and fishing in Gippsland, but if you prefer your fish already filleted you will be spoilt for choice for seafood restaurants and fish and chip shops. 

I liked the blue sky peeping through the clouds behind the Lakes Entrance fish - just enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers...!

Fish at Lakes Entrance
Further afield is Mallacoota which they say is one of Gippsland's great escapes, surrounded by the magnificent wilderness of the Croajingolong National Park and set on the beautiful Mallacoota Inlet.

It is very pretty but it was the mural at the Visitor Information Shed which caught our attention.


Painted mural at Mallacoota Visitors Information Centre
We certainly enjoyed our walks in the myriad of National Parks in the region. These trees were rather striking lining the road on the way to the Tarra Bulga National Park, their silver trunks silhouetted against the bright blue summer sky.

Striking tree trunks line the road Tarra Bulga National Park
Gippsland's charm lies also in exploring the quaint towns in the region, where time often seems to have stood still... The blue Australian flag proudly fluttering in the main street of many towns we visited.


Aussie flag in Loch
We like exploring the back roads and little towns, in Loch we spot this old blue bus which looked in perfect condition and like it was still being used!

Blue bus - Loch
Some of the roads are unsealed gravel tracks. By the time we have finished our roadtrip we have covered 1500 kms and given my learner driver son, twenty two hours of driving experience behind the wheel!



I hope you have enjoyed seeing some more of our beautiful Gippsland region in Victoria. You may also enjoy the following posts:




PS 
Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I hope to visit your blog soon.
I love reading all my comments and always take the time to reply.
For those of you who are not on Google +, the e-mail button on my blog sidebar reaches me with a private message.

Linked to Blue Monday

Please pop over by to see Sally and the other Blue Monday participants if you can!

Smiling Sally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat